Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dkenebre[_2_] dkenebre[_2_] is offline

Default A count function or macro needed

The color is in the sample document, but I have reworded my request. Le
me know if you need further information:
The furthest digit back: each of the 3 cells being evaluated (R S an
T) have single digit values which have occurred in previous R, S
cells, but the value which last appeared in the earliest row is th
value which the furthest back. I want the function to count how man
rows since the last time that value last occurred.

I now need a function that will count back all previous rows for th
farthest digit back in the R, S and T cells and place it in the
column. See sample below the N column has the correct answers:

Example:
row 11:....9...0...6
row 12:....7...5...7
row 13:....7...3...4

on row 14 the 0 and 9 are equally the farthest digits back,
at 3 rows.
on row 15 the 6 is the farthest digit back at 4 rows.

I would appreciate your help