Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default DateLastModified property date extraction

Nigel,

If you don't have a reference to the Scripting Runtime Library, go to the
Tools menu, choose References, find "Scripting Runtime Library" and check
it. Then, use code like

Dim FSO As Scripting.FileSystemObject
Dim F As Scripting.File
Set FSO = New Scripting.FileSystemObject
Set F = FSO.GetFile(ThisWorkbook.FullName)
Debug.Print Int(F.DateLastModified)

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Nigel" wrote in message
I am trying to extract the DATE part of a file using the DateLastModified
property. Anyone experience of doing this?

It appears I need to define the file as an object first then read the

object
property, and finally extract the date string.

TIA
Nigel

News==----

Newsgroups