Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Dialog Box - User hits cancel

Range("F3").Select
If Application.Dialogs(xlDialogInsertPicture).Show Then
Selection.ShapeRange.LockAspectRatio = msoTrue
Selection.ShapeRange.Height = 225#
Selection.ShapeRange.Width = 300#
End If

Range("F23").Select
If Application.Dialogs(xlDialogInsertPicture).Show Then
Selection.ShapeRange.LockAspectRatio = msoTrue
Selection.ShapeRange.Height = 225#
Selection.ShapeRange.Width = 300#
End If

The dialog returns false if the user presses cancel.

Tom Ogilvy

"CS" wrote in message

Here is my code....

Sub InsertPictures()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Range("F3").Select
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogInsertPicture).Show
Selection.ShapeRange.LockAspectRatio = msoTrue
Selection.ShapeRange.Height = 225#
Selection.ShapeRange.Width = 300#

Range("F23").Select
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogInsertPicture).Show
Selection.ShapeRange.LockAspectRatio = msoTrue
Selection.ShapeRange.Height = 225#
Selection.ShapeRange.Width = 300#

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

ActiveWorkbook.Close (True)

End Sub

"Michael Hopwood" wrote in message
You need to trap the error and deal with it.

Post your code.

--
Michael Hopwood (Phobos)

"CS" wrote in message
I have a dialog box for inserting an image that pops up in my macro -

if
the
user presses cancel - an error is reported (method not supported) how

can
suppress this error?

Can I use some code like - if cancel is pressed exit sub?

Thanks,

Colin