Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Tom is offline

Default Help needed !

keepitcool

Thanks. I saved the picture now in the format BMP 24, but now the background
color of the picture is displayed in black...

Tom

"keepitcool" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
afaik
excel doesnt use 32bit alpha transparency, but 24bit "indexed"
transparency where 1 color is designated as the "transparent" color.

From photoshop: save copy as, bitmap, select 24bit in options popup
From fireworks: in preview select optimize option: BMP 24, then export.

suc6

keepITcool

"Rob Bovey" wrote:

Hi Tom,

I wonder if it has something to do with the file format? You might
try
copying and pasting it into something very simple like the Paint
program that comes with Windows, then copy it back to Excel and try
again. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what the problem is. I
create custom commandbar button faces using this method pretty
frequently, so I know it works with simple bitmap images.