Watercolor artist

Chuck,

What if the lookup price was in Column C rather than B and that I wanted to
ignore what's in B?

Also, in "A:B,2,FALSE," what exactly do those parameters mean?

Howard

"CLR" wrote:

In C2 maybe something like this...........

=VLOOKUP(A2,'C:\[Pricing.xls]Sheet1'!A:B,2,FALSE)*B2

You may have to adjust the Path, and SheetName and Range accordingly
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Watercolor artist" <Watercolor wrote in
message ...
I have a column in one spreadsheet (Call it "Orders") into which I enter a
book name that I sell, a second column into which I enter a quantity, and

third column into which the price is entered by looking up the book and
quantity in a different spreadsheet (call it "Pricing") in a different

file,
finding the book's price, multiplying the quantity by the price, and
inserting that into the cell containing the lookup function. I don't know

how
to write that formula and would appreciate help.