Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kenneth E. Coakley Kenneth E. Coakley is offline

Default Distributing a VBA app to clients... licensing?

Chip,

Thanks for the quick reply. You've confirmed my suspicions regarding VBA
licensing/royalty issues. Not to be a pest, but do you know of an official
Microsoft source that confirms this? The powers-that-be here need to see
something "in writing" before we can proceed with development.

Thanks again for your help.

Sincerely,
Ken Coakley

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
Ken,

No, you don't need permission or a license from MS to distribute Excel/VBA
applications, nor do you have to pay any sort of royalty. Of course, you
can't distribute Excel itself with your application; end users must have a
valid copy of Excel.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Kenneth E. Coakley" wrote in message
We're in the process of developing an Excel based VBA application that

we
would like to distribute to several clients. I would like to know what

the
licensing issues are in regards to distributing this app to clients. Do

we
need to pay Microsoft?

Any info and/or links to official sites with info would be greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely,
Ken Coakley