Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Harald Staff Harald Staff is offline

Default Stopping screen tips from displaying for Excel hyperlinks

Hi Sarah

In the Insert Hyperlink dialog, far up, there's a field "Text to be
displayed" and to its right a button "Screen tips" (? I have a translated
version here). Click that and enter a single space or something very short.
The popup will now show that instead. Not gone, but considerably smaller.

I can write a macro to do this on multiple cells if you have too many to do
it manually.
--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please

"Sarah" skrev i melding
I'm using Excel 2000.

On a spreadsheet that I'm working on, I've inserted a
hyperlink into each of a small number of cells.

These hyperlinks work fine, but I don't quite like the way
the screen tips for the hyperlinks keep popping up (they
obscure important surrounding text).

Is there any way I can stop screen tips from being
displayed for Excel hyperlinks?

Thanks in advance,
Sarah.