Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Anders S Anders S is offline

Default Insert Rows

Jeff,

I'm not sure what you are trying to do but if rows 6-7 and 12-13 are empty, a different approach could be to look into CurrentRegion (see Help). That way you can find out the row number of the Target in it's section and take appropriate action. Also, then you don't need the RowCounter variable.

HTH
Anders Silvén

"Jeff" skrev i meddelandet ...
I have a spreadsheet that is divided into three sub
sections: 1)Rows(2:5), 2) Rows(8:11), and 3)Rows(14:17).
I would like to create the ability for row insertion after
data is entered within any of the rows in the
subsections. I have the following code:

Static RowCounter As Long

If Target.Row = 3 + RowCounter Then
Rows(Target.Row+1).EntireRow.Insert
RowCounter = RowCounter + 1
End If

The problem with this code is the fact that if I press
ener in a row in section 1, then go to section 3 and press
enter, I am in trouble. Is there a fix where I can reset
the counter or do I need to take a different approach?