Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dan E[_3_] Dan E[_3_] is offline

Default Find the smallest number in a column and change it to red

Chuck,

Let's say your example was in A1:D6 (including headers) so the
data is in A2:D6.

Select the range (A2:D6) and choose Format - Conditional
Formatting. Under condition 1 choose Formula Is and in the
formula area enter:
=AND(A2=MIN(A$2:A$6),COUNTIF(A$2:A$6,MIN(A$2:A$6)) =1)
Hit OK

Dan E

"Chuck Holstein" wrote in message ...
Thanks Dan E. your solution, it worked perfectly. I have one more
question.
I have multiple columns of whole numbers, ie:

A B C D
4 5 4 3
5 5 4 4
6 6 5 4
7 4 3 3
6 5 4 4

I would like to find the smallest number in each column and change it to
red, but only if it is the only small number in the column, like 4 in
column A, 4 in column B, 3 in column D and ignore the two 3's in column
D. How can I do this in an Excel worksheet? Again thanks so much for
your help.