Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DavidObeid[_2_] DavidObeid[_2_] is offline

Default Advice for a newbie

Hi,

I discovered www.exceltip.com by accident a few weeks ago and have
improved in my work on excel a zillion %. Thanks a heap.

My question is about learning VBA from scratch.

I (used to) know Pascal reasonably well and understand the basic
principles of programming.

What I want to know is where can I go to learn VBA for Excel so that I
can do even more with Excel? I have a few ideas for different
programs, but I am getting bogged down trying to work out details like
syntax etc.

Is there a "Programming in VBA for Excel for dummies" type book out
there? Is it possilbe that someone here has a URL with the basics on
it? (I don't just want examples, I would like something that explained
some of the theory behind the examples).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave