Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tony Tony is offline

Default Macro to delete duplicate data

I need a macro to delete duplicate data. I would like to
capture the data in Range ("B1") and check it against each
value in column B. If a duplicate is found, I would like
to delete the first instance. It is possible that the
data is duplicated 2 or more times.

For example:

A B
1 123 ABC
2 234 CDE
3 123 ABC
4 567 FGH

In this case, I would like row 1 to be deleted. Then I
would like the next value ("B2" = CDE above) to be
captured and compared to the rest of the data. It is
possible that I have a range of 10, 20, 30 or more
values. The number of rows changes frequently. Any help
would greatly be appreciated.

Tony