Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Wilson John Wilson is offline

Default Early vs Late Binding - Word

I'm finally getting a taste (quite sour) of Office 2003.
It came with the two new PC's so I didn't have much of a choice.
In many (actually all) of the workbooks where I interact with Word,
I used Early Binding. Since the initial workbooks were created in
Office 2000, when someone with a later version saves the workbook
the Word Object reference is set to version 11.
I've already read through many of the threads by Chip, Rob, etc.
and it's beginning to sink in (but a lot slower than I would have
hoped).

Whilst still getting a handle on this, I would appreciate it if someone
could convert the following code to utilize Late Binding.
I can get some of it to work, but not all. Any help would be
appreciated.

Dim wordApp As Word.Application
Dim wordDoc As Word.Document
Dim wordRange As Word.Range
Dim FileNameAndPath As String
FileNameAndPath = ActiveWorkbook.path & "\Forms\Fax_Cover_Master.doc"
Set wordApp = CreateObject("Word.Application")
Set wordDoc = wordApp.Documents.Open(FileNameAndPath, ReadOnly:=True)

Thanks,
John