Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
steve steve is offline

Default send attachment using file path from hyperlink

Hi Ron,

no, that is the problem, if I open a new workbook and do
inserthyperlink, browse the right folder and then select
the file. Then it works because I get the full path like
in ("C\My Documents\MySend\MyFile,pdf"), but in the saved
workbook that is in My Documents when I do the same thing
it only gives me ("..\\MyFile.pdf"). Thus when running
the macro it will come up with an error since it needs
the full path but I can't get the full path once I save
the workbook.

So my idea instead was that if I in the code could refer
to the folder where the attachment(s) can be, then attach
all of the files that is/are in a folder called MySend..

That would be the easiest way, then I would only have to
put the file(s) I want to attach there and run the macro,
but when I changed the line to

..Attachments.Add ("C\MyFolder\*.*")

it will return an error so I assume I must somehow get a
file list and refer to that somehow. Problem is I don't
know how to do that?

Thanks,

Steve