Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default DateAdd function

Bill,

In the line of code,

CMONTHPLUS = DateAdd("yyyy", 2, "Cmonth")

you are attempting to add 2 years to the text string value "Cmonth", not the
variable named Cmonth. Change the line to

CMONTHPLUS = DateAdd("yyyy", 2, Cmonth)

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Bill" wrote in message
Hello,
Can anybody tell me why the line of code in Capital letters beginning with

CMONTHPLUS returns a "mismatch type" error? The variables above this line
of code show the appropriate values when I am in the debugging mode. The
execution of the macro stops at this line and says "mismatch type". Thanks
in advance, Bill

Sub Button12_Click()
Sheet3.Activate
Dim Cmonth As Date
Dim Cmonthplus As Date
Dim thistime As Date
thistime = Date
Cmonth = Range("c7")
If Cmonth < thistime Then
CMONTHPLUS = DateAdd("yyyy", 2, "Cmonth")
Range("c7") = Cmonthplus