Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_4_] Don Guillett[_4_] is offline

Default ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-4]-RC[-2]"

try is with "book1.xls" assuming that it is OPEN.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"JON JON" wrote in message
I am trying to duplicate your scenario but could not get the same error.
Have you tried to debug? Where does the highlight go? I am suspecting

that
it has something to do with the activate and select command. You may want
to avoid that and instead try something like

Workbooks("Book1").Sheets("Sheet1").Range("F8").Fo rmulaR1C1 =
"=RC[-4]-RC[-2]"

"Jordi" wrote in message
Isn't the case
but thank you.
Any other idea?

"JON JON" escribió en el mensaje
Hello Jordi,

Check if the sheet that get the entry is not protected

(Tools|Protection).
If it is protected you may want to include this into your code before

the
entry

Activesheet.Unprotect
...you code here
Activesheet.Protect

If it is has password you need to type the password after the

"Unprotect"
and "Protect".

Regards,

Jon-jon

"Jordi" wrote in message
If I exectue this simple code :

Range("F8").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-4]-RC[-2]"

It works great if I execute if from the current workbook but if the

code
is
in another workbook and I include:
Windows("Libro1").Activate