Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Find and blank cell then Do this.....

typo

Sub WorkonS()
Dim rng As Range, cell As Range
On Error Resume Next
Set rng = Columns(7).SpecialCells(xlBlanks)
On Error GoTo 0
If rng Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "No blanks in Column G"
Exit Sub
End If
Set rng = Intersect(rng.EntireRow, Range("S1").EntireColumn)
For Each cell In rng
cell.Offset(-1, 0).Value = cell.Value
Next
End Sub

Tested in xl97

Tom Ogilvy

Bonnie wrote in message
I am getting a complie error on
"Dim rng As rng"

set rng = Columns(7).specialCells(xlBlanks)
On error goto 0
if rng is nothing then
msgbox "No blanks in Column G"
exit sub
End if
set rng = Intersect(rng.EntireRow, Range

("S1").EntireColumn)
for each cell in rng
cell.offset(-1,0).Value = cell.value
Next
end Sub

Tom Ogilvy

Bonnie wrote in

message
Hello All
I hope someone can help me with this ASAP

I have a Sheet that in column G I want my VBA to look
down for a blank cell, when it finds a blank cell goto
column S (same row that the blank in G was found) and

do
a copy, go up one cell, paste special/value. Then go

back
G and continue on..etc. etc.

this is what I have so far
and it works, but only for one copy and paste in

column S
How can I define the "range" in S so that I do not have
to use a cell ref. exp. "S3"

Any help would be good
Thank you!!

Sub CopyPaste()