Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Annoying hidden names

for each nm in Thisworkbook.names
nm.Visible = True
Next

I suspect it is in the names collection, but is hidden.

Tom Ogilvy

jwlabno wrote in message
u...
Hello
I have a problem with hidden names/ranges

I use macros to copy sheets from one workbook to another. The destination
workbook, when open, asks if it should update links. I am trying to prepare
each sheet before copying so that they can be used without external
references. I ran utility to display links and it came up with this

Object Name Value
hidden Name Notes!_Table1_In1
='C:\Data\!Shares\[1-Paper.xls]#REF'!$C$37

The object is not in Names collection and I searched all sheets for C:\ but
excel can not find it.
Does anyone know what else can I check to get rid of the message on open?
HOw can I unhide these names?