Dave Peterson

I haven't used ASAP, so I don't have a guess about that.

If you turn off ASAP, and get a fresh copy from the original pc, does the value
change?

YuChieh wrote:

Hi,
Yes, I have that addin as well. I could see the code of the box on the
other PC. But that doesn't really explain what caused the difference.

I also installed ASAP Utilities (http://www.asap-utilities.com/) last week
on my PC. And this situation started to happen after the installation ( I
used to be able to see those square boxes). I disabled the utilities but it
didn't change back. I wonder if this ASAP Utilities is doing something
automatically in the background (shouldn't though).

thanks for the reply.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I don't have a guess why it can be seen sometimes--but not others.

But I'd get a copy of Chip Pearson's addin: Cellview (for both pcs) to see
what's changed in that cell.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm

YuChieh wrote:

I have a file from client.

A co-work views the file and he can see those little boxes (extra
characters) in the cells. For example - Northern(box)Virginia. He asked me
to fix it - replacing boxes with space, like "Norhtern Virginia".

When I open the file, I don't see the boxes. I see "NorthernVirginia".
Somehow, the system automatically took out the character. But I would like
to put a space betweem words.

Why would this happen?

My co-worker is using Excel 2002; I am using Excel 2003.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson