Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dan E[_3_] Dan E[_3_] is offline

Default Find the smallest number in a column and change it to red

C.,

Let's say you wanted to do this for column A...

Select column A and from the menu choose Format - Conditional Formatting
For Condition 1:
Cell Value Is Equal To =MIN($A:$A)
Set your format (ie. Red)
Hit OK

If it doesn't work at first go back in and make sure it hasn't put your condition in
quotes [ie ="=MIN($A:$A)"] if it has just delete the quotes and hit OK

Dan E

"C. Holstein" wrote in message ...
I have a column of whole numbers. I would like to find the smallest number in the column of numbers and change it's font color to

red. How can I do this? Thanks for the help.