Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Michael Hopwood Michael Hopwood is offline

Default Access Recordset with Built-In Function

Yep, you can't export custom functions directly, you can make your query a
"MAKE-TABLE" query, run that then import the table though.

What is the code for the UDF?

--
Michael Hopwood (Phobos)

"Jeff Huff" wrote in message
I have Query1 in Access, in which one of the fields is a
built-in function, which passes the value of two other
fields to a Function on Module1.

When I attempt to run the following in Excel VBA, the code
bombs:

Sub attemptquery()
Dim db As DAO.Database, rs As DAO.Recordset
Dim rng As Excel.Range, i As Byte

Set db = OpenDatabase("C:\a_Sales Tech\Presentations\AAF
Reports\db1.mdb")
Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("Query1", dbOpenDynaset) <--
BOMBS HERE, CUZ "Query1" HAS A BUILT IN FUNCTION, RELATING
TO MODULE1 IN ACCESS!!
Set rng = Range("A1")

For i = 0 To rs.Fields.Count - 1
rng.Offset(0, i).Range("A1").Value = rs.Fields(i)
Next i

rs.Close
Set rs = Nothing
db.Close