Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jos reulen Jos reulen is offline

Default automatic macro execution

-----Original Message-----
Dear Chip,
thank you very much for your info. I made a little excel

macro program for testing. It should give a beep every 10
seconds
The code is included. However, I get an error message in
dutch; a free translation says
Cannot find the entrancepoint of DLL settimer in user32

have you any idea whats wrong ?

thank you very much

Public Declare Function settimer Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd
As Long, ByVal nidevent As Long, ByVal uelapse As Long,
ByVal lptimerfunc As Long) As Long
Public Declare Function killtimer Lib "user32" (ByVal

hwnd
As Long, ByVal nidevent As Long) As Long
Public timerid As Long
Public timerseconds As Single

Sub StartTimer()
timerseconds = 10 'how often to "pop"the timer
timerid = settimer(0&, 0&, timerseconds * 1000&,
AddressOfTimerproc)
End Sub

Sub endtimer()
On Error Resume Next
killtimer 0&, timerid
End Sub

Sub Timerproc(ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal umsg As Long,
ByVal nidevent As Long, ByVal dwtimer As Long)

'the procedure is called by windows. Put your timer
related code here
StartTimer
Beep
endtimer