Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default macro buttons

Sheetal,

There are two types of buttons you can place on a worksheets: one from the
Forms toolbar and the other from the Controls toolbar. The "assign macro"
is available only for controls from the Forms toolbar. Most likely, you are
using controls from the Controls toolbar.

You can either replace your controls with control from the Forms toolbar and
then use Assign Macro to assign a macro, or you can choose View Code from
the right-click menu and call your code from the Click event procedure in
the worksheet module.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Sheetal" wrote in message

hello!

I have just created a button in my excel spreadsheet, and want to
assign a macro to it. I have followed the help in the Excel help menu
which suggested that i right click the button and select assign macro.

However, when i rightclick the button i created, i don't get this
option. i have tried clicking all parts of the button, ie the button
itself, and also the selection boxes.

Does anyone know of any easier ways of creating buttons and then
assigning macros to them, or let me know what i am doing wrong.

Thanks

~~ Message posted from
http://www.ExcelTip.com/