Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DavidP[_3_] DavidP[_3_] is offline

Default Splitting Rows

Michael

I am still a little vague as to what info is comming in as the number
od characters appear the same. is it possible to send a sample of a
file that is giving you a problem and I will see if I can sort it for
you

David {

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 08:59:10 -0500, "Michael Koerner"
wrote:

No, the number of characters can differ. I probably should have tried to be more
explicit.

The rows are laid out in 9 columns. When the OCR program does it correctly, it
looks like this for a single row

R1 xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Then I receive the following all in 1 row
xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx
R2 xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

What I have been doing, depending on the number of rows inserted into a single
row is to duplicate then manually delete the information from each cell. Using
the R2 example above, create a R3, and R4. Hope this helps. I thought there
might be away to do this with some sort of macro, that would searh for the line
breaks in a cell.