Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default split a cash amount into two separate cash amounts

You don't give any rules for determining "most, if not all", "all or most",
and "appropriate number".

unless you can define these rules/your objective, the problem will remain
diabolically complex.

Tom Ogilvy

tegger wrote in message
I'm trying to find a way for excel 2000 (win 2000), perhaps with the
assistance of vba, to split a cash amount into two separate cash amounts.

The total is the cash drawer (the till).

The two sub totals are the takings and the float.

The user will enter the number of coins and notes of each denomination.

The float must contain most, if not all, of the 5c, 10c, 20, 50c, $1 & $2
coins the $5, $10

and possibly the $20 notes.

The takings will contain all the $100, all or most of the $50, the
appropriate number of $20, $10, $5, $2, $1, 50c, 20c, 10c, 5c.

This, to me, is a diabolically complex issue and I've tried many different
approaches over the last six months, but it's really too hard for me to

work
it out.

Perhaps someone has done this before and can help?

If so, I'd be very grateful.

Regards,

David Lindstrom