Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ian Elliott[_3_] Ian Elliott[_3_] is offline

Default how get cell value from different worksheet?

Thanks in advance.
I have a macro in Worksheet_SelectionChange, so it runs
every time I change the selection, and I want to get a
value from a cell in another worksheet. I figure if I have
to, I can do this by changing worksheets (Worksheets
("Sheet1").Activate) and then getting the 'Cells
(x,y).value', but is there another way I can do this so I
don't have to change worksheets (and save processing
time)? Something like Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells
(x,y).Value (but which doesn't exist).
My code is (this is Sheet4)
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As
Range)
'get value of row 1,col 1 cell value of sheet1, let = x.
Select Case x
Case "A"
'code here
Case "B"