Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ksgoodwin ksgoodwin is offline

Default Excel - Web Save Problem

I am launching Excel from a Browser. Using both IE and Netscape. Excel
2000. When I save the file I use a SaveAs function to save the Netscape
launched file to a specific location / name. (Note: Netscape gives a file
opened with its browser a odd system generated name like "VIEBF6M1.xls".)
This works fine, if I save the file with the SaveAs function. If not, and I
chose not to save the file, within the Macro, it then asks if I want to save
the file with the system generated file name. It asks this question after
the Macro with the SaveAs function has completed. The question comes up
after the end of the macro. Checked with a break at the end of the Macro.

I have tried using an "Application.DisplayAlert=False" within the code but
this does not help. On break, just after the above statement, the
Application.DisplayAlert = True? Only one file open.

IE launched files have the same name as the original file and are not a
problem.

Suggestions?