Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Trevor Shuttleworth Trevor Shuttleworth is offline

Default Application Problem

Stuart

is "performs faultlessly 95% of the time" acceptable in your world ? If it
is, why worry ? If it's not, I would heed the advice that is offered, apply
the recommendations and determine if this gives you 100% success ... which
would be my definition of faultless.

Tom seems not to be easily offended ... which is probably as well when you
so easily dismiss his advice. Maybe he'll think twice before attempting to
answer your next problem.

Regards

Trevor

"Stuart" wrote in message
I will give that a go next time the problem occurs, however, I doubt that

is
the answer, as it performs a very simillar find with the same settings on

very simillar piece of date 10 lines before the problem line! And why

won't
it work properly again until the Application is reStarted, simply

reStarting
the workbook makes no differance!

Tom Ogilvy wrote in message
Find has several persistent values. You are only setting the search

target,
so some previous use of find could set one of the other values so that

the
find is not made. xlwhole vice xlpart, xlformulas vice xlvalues for
example can affect whether the target is found. If it is a date, then

it
can get even more complicated.

Tom Ogilvy