Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Excel Com Automation

I can't say there are any specific formulas it will not process - the best
would be to just test it. A formula could be

Sum(A1:A10)

That would default to the activesheet in evaluate which may or may not be
what you intended. I was thinking of things such as this that might be a
stumbling block.

Also, I don't think I have ever tested it with Analysis toolpak functions or
UDF's.

Tom Ogilvy

Carlos Magalhaes wrote in message
Finally the answer i was lookign for :-) thank you.

You said depends on the formula, what do I have to watch out for for?
i.e. when will the Evaluate function not run a strFormula i am passing
to it.

At the moment all my formulas have the cell and range ref in them.

Thank you once again

Carlos

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 10:22:17 -0500, "Tom Ogilvy"
wrote:

Depends on the formula, but

Results = xlApp.Evaluate(StrFormula)

should work.

The formula must be specific in terms of the ranges it addresses.

Many Worksheetfunctions can be used in VBA directly.

Results=xlapp.Sum(Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1: A200"))