Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_4_] Don Guillett[_4_] is offline

Default VB code

Also
Application.screenupdating = true
at the end to reset
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"DavidP" wrote in message
Add the following line at the beginning of your macro

Application.screenupdating = false

No movement will be seen when you run the macro

I don't think anyone minds how often you post. The main thing is to
make sure your questions are easily understood. If necessary post
sample data to explain what you are doing but NEVER, NEVER, NEVER
attach spreadsheets as they will be ignored by most readers

DavidP

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 22:09:10 -0800, "DJ"
wrote:

I have some VBA code that loops thru sheets and protects
them (or unprotects dependant on a variable).
Unfortunately, everytime it runs- excel thumbs thru the
sheets and you can see the process happen (similar to if I
recorded a macro). Most of the time the code happens in
the background without visibly thumbing thru sheets, is
there a way to hide what the code is doing in this
particular case or does it need to have the sheet
activated in order to protect it?

BTW- I hope I'm not abusing this forum by asking too many
questions :| They've just been building up and now I have
a place to get them answered

thnx in advance