Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default truncate data on cell ?

Enter a space(via spacebar) in each of the adjacent cells.

Actually, enter it in top cell then drag/copy down.

Try not to forget you have a space in these cells.

Gord Dibben XL2002

On 7 Nov 2003 19:38:43 -0800, (Rich) wrote:

I am using Excel 97.

I have a spreadsheet where there is a column that contains comments
typed in by the users. These comments can be a sentence long. The
comments tend to spill into the neighbor cells.

If I use the mid command, I chop of data. If I use word wrap, the
spreadsheet can look real ugly with very large cells.

Is there something that I can do other than word wrap that will stop
the data from spilling into the other cells?