Posted to microsoft.public.excel.sdk,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jerry W. Lewis Jerry W. Lewis is offline

Default xlfArgument?

Thank you for your response, but could you please clarify it? Are you
saying that:
- xlfArgument is not supported in the API (in which case, I wonder why
the constant is defined in xlCall.h)?
- you personally do not see why anyone would use it?

If the latter, I may ultimately come to the same conclusion, once I know
how to use it. Meanwhile I am grasping at straws trying to find some
way around the "16384 bug" in passing arguments from Excel to C (see
unanswered question in separate thread of that title). That particular
bug does not impact =ARGUMENT() in Excel4 macros, so I wondered whether
it might be the basis of a workaround.

I suppose I could parse the entire formula from xlfGetCell
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...A%40wanadoo.fr
but that seems overly painful.

Jerry

Jens Thiel wrote:

You do not use it at all! ARGUMENT doesn't make sense in the C API.

Jens.

--
Jens Thiel * Willy-Brandt-Allee 10 * D-53113 Bonn * +49 228 5400124
http://jens-thiel.de/ http://ManagedXLL.net/ http://QuantLib.net/

"Jerry W. Lewis" wrote in message

How does one use Excel4(xlfArgument, ...) in the C API?

XLOPER xArgRef;
Excel4(xlfArgument, &xArgRef, 1, TempInt(8));

returns xlretFailed.

Jerry