Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Non-contiguous Range limit?

Sub Tester3()
Dim varr As Variant
Dim rng As Range, i As Long
Set rng = Range("B1,A1,C9,A2,M3:M5,A4:C4")
ReDim varr(1 To rng.Count)
i = 0
For Each cell In rng
i = i + 1
varr(i) = cell.Address
Next

Range(varr(4)).Select

Tom Ogilvy

"Mark Dabbs" wrote in message
Thanks to all for the info - somewhat depressing after I thought that I'd

sorted out a smart way to sequentially number
the cells within my non-contiguous range from 1 to n using a variety of

different "routes" through the same original
pattern of cells when required!

Any ideas how to proceed?

Many thanks
Mark

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 00:29:40 +0000, Mark Dabbs wrote:

Hi all

I have a grid of non-contiguous cells that I wish to give a name from

within a Subroutine either by using

Name.Add "MyName", Selection

or by using

rngTemp.Name="MyName".

The problem is that once I get over about 220 distinct cells in the

non-contigous range an error message is thrown up
each time I try to give it a name. Any fewer cells and it works fine.

Is this an Excel 2000 limit?

Thanks
Mark

www.mfdabbs.com