Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tushar Mehta Tushar Mehta is offline

Default Class Question

As far as a VB program design group goes, I don't believe there is any.
You could try one of the VB / VB.Net groups or the developers.vba group.

As far as your specific question goes, the answer is neither. If it is
not a private sub/function, it can be accessed as a method, i.e.,
Object.Method

For example, suppose the class module, Class1 contains

Option Explicit

Sub x()
MsgBox "In x"
End Sub
Function y(x)
y = x ^ 2
End Function

Then, one could use it with code in a standard module as

Option Explicit

Sub testIt()
Dim x As New Class1
x.x
MsgBox x.y(2)
End Sub

Though, I might be inclined to make y a property.

Tushar Mehta
MS MVP Excel 2000-2003
www.tushar-mehta.com
Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins
Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office

In article ,
says...
Should class methods be declared as properties or as friend functons?

I know this is a little off excel topic. Could anyone recommend a general
newsgroup geared toward Visual Basic Program design