Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Henry[_4_] Henry[_4_] is offline

Default Non Working Cells after command button

rlgh60'

You've set up a "Catch 22" situation.
By setting EnableEvents to false, the second CommandButton_Click event is
not being recognised.
You'll have to re-enable events somewhere/somehow else or not set it to
false.

HTH
Henry

"rlgh60" wrote in message

Probelm returning from command button click. When i start a command
button click, I call SetTheDisplayToOff(true) (see below) to set the
display and events so they not work. Then I go do a database query on
another sheet, format the sheet, then activate the first sheet that I
started from.
The last line in my command button sub is SetTheDisplayToOff(false) to
enable all events and display..

The problem is that after I click the command button, the active cell
is not highlighted, clicking on a cell does not show the cell as
selected, and the tab key does not advance to the next cell. This
first worksheet is protected so only 5 cells are unprotected for
entry.

However if I save the workbook, then all works correctly.

Any suggestions?
Mark Gordon

Public Sub SetTheDisplayToOff(displayOff As Boolean)
If displayOff Then
With Application
ScreenUpdating = False
Calculation = xlCalculationManual