Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rocco Rocco is offline

Default Color Coded Cells

I'm a novice. I've developed a crude, yet effective,
spreadsheet that assigns client job numbers, identifies
client name, job description, contact, etc.

I keep track of the progress and status of each job number
by "Highlighting" particular cells as tasks are
accomplished, I.E., Quote Submittal would be indicated by
highlighting the Job Number cell and Quote Approval would
be indicated by highlighting the Client name and so on.

In the last column, I enter the dollar amount of each job
number. I set up a "Running Total" or "Tally" of the
amounts listed in the last column. When the job is paid
in full, I highlight it to indicate such. I would like
the "Tally" formula to keep a running total of only the
highlighted amounts in the last column. (Job Numbers that
have been paid in full).

Is it possible to include color code as a factor to be
used in the calculations of the formula? If yes, how?

Thanks much for any help on this issue.