Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Angus Comber[_2_] Angus Comber[_2_] is offline

Default The instruction at "0x65255ac9" referenced memory at "0x00000008". The memory could not be read. Clikc OK to terminate etc

Hello

I had a problem with my Excel 97 spreadsheet causing this error. I had
macros in the spreadsheet - when I selected Do Not enable macros when I
opened the spreadsheet the problem went away (but obviously I lost the macro
functionality!).

Does anyone have any tips on avoiding these memory access errors?

I am not sure if this solved it but I had an event function which seemed to
crash on this line:

if m_bEvents = false then exit sub

I had declared m_bEvents like this:

Dim m_bEvents

I changed to Dim m_bEvents As String which seemed to get rid of the problem.
However, for a test I put back to just Dim m_bEvents and the error didn't
re-appear. so I was confused.

I also changed the name m_bEvents to m_bTriggerEvents in case m_bEvents was
an Excel reseved variable.

Any clues as to why I experienced this problem?

Angus Comber