Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
J.E. McGimpsey J.E. McGimpsey is offline

Default Request password during Protect macro

Use a user form. Userform Textboxes have character masking (set the
PasswordChar property to the character you want).

In article ,
Gavin wrote:

Thanks for the help.

I know that what you suggest would work, but I wasn't wanting to have
to use Inputboxes. They don't have character masking and I didn't want
to get involved in having to confirm the input of a PW when switching
protection on.

I was hoping that Excel would do that that for me like when you turn
protection on and off through the menus.

In fact, can I not trigger menu actions from VBA code?