Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed[_9_] Ed[_9_] is offline

Default URGENT - Need date format for SaveAs code

Thank you, Chip. I scrabbled through the Help files before posting, but
apparently couldn't form the proper question to find this. It works great!

Ed

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
Ed,

Try

Format(Now,"d mmm yyyy")

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Ed" wrote in message
In my VBA module, I need to save an Excel file into a folder created by

VB
program. The VB date format code is:
dates = Day(Now) & " " & Left(MonthName(Month(Now)), 3) & " " &

Year(Now)
which today gave me a folder as "Folder 6 Nov 2003".

The problem is the single digit for the day, which will become a
double-digit next week. My VBA code of:
Format(Now, "dd mmm yyyy")
wants to always give me a two-digit day - and then, of course, it can't

find
the folder. How can I format this to give only a single digit on
single-digit days?

Thanks.
Ed