Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bernie Deitrick[_2_] Bernie Deitrick[_2_] is offline

Default MACRO TO LINK DATA !

Jay,

Instead of a macro, how about formulas?

In cell B18 of all the sheets except "Sheet X"
=SheetName()
In B19 of all sheets:
=VLOOKUP(B18,'Sheet X'!A:B,2,FALSE)
In B20 of all sheets:
=VLOOKUP(B18,'Sheet X'!A:D,4,FALSE)

You'll need to put this code into a regular codemodule of your
worksheet:

Function SheetName() As String
SheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name
End Function

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"jay dean" wrote in message

In my Excel Workbook there are many sheets among which is sheet X .

In
sheet X, column A contains the names of all the other sheets in the
workbook, and columns B and D contain data.
I need a macro that will loop through all the other sheets in the
workbook doing the following :

-If the name of any sheet is equal to the name in Column A of sheet

X,
then
(1) copy the corresponding data on the same row in column B of

sheet X
and paste it as a Link into the range B19:B19 of the sheet whose

name we
matched in column A.
and
(2) copy the corresponding data on the same row in column D of

sheet X
and paste it as a Link into the range B20:B20 of the sheet whose

name we
matched in column A.

Any assistance would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Jay Dean