Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Harald Staff Harald Staff is offline

Default Using Sub-procedures w/in a function

Another approach to remember values is to declare a Static value in a sub:

Sub test()
Static L As Long
If L = 0 Then L = 1
L = Doubled(L)
MsgBox "L is now " & L
End Sub

Function Doubled(X As Long) As Long
Doubled = X + X
End Function

I'm not too sure what your question really is. If you want to pass
variables, it's done like above. If you want to run a Sub from a function in
a cell, no that is not possible.
--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please

"LizUrish" skrev i melding
Is it possible to use a subprocedure within a function?
How would you refer to the subprocedure?

I'm trying to create a variable in a subprocedure that is
updated w/ a function, so that the vairable holds the
value and can be used the next time the function is called
upon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!