MxlPltx

Default Excel complains about "C:\documents.xls", etc. when starting

Excel 2003 is obviously complaining about some file named "C:\Documents and
Settings\mxlpltx\My Documents\xxx.xls" that isn't in quotes but I can't seem
to find out where it's getting the filename. It complains even if I start
Excel from the START menu. I have only one computer that does this.

Interestingly, the second file it wants is named "c:\documents and
settings\mxlpltx\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns\and.xls" instead of
"c:\and.xls"

My real question is: how do I stop it? Is it possible to find the reference
and delete it? Should I re-install? If I re-install do I have to uninstall
first?

Mxl