Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ChachiAZ ChachiAZ is offline

Default help to get output from message to the current cell

I need some help. I have "zero" VB skills. I got this function from
Microsoft's Web site ...and it works perfectly with the exception it
outputs to a MsgBox. I need the output to go to a specific cell.
Actually, I need it to output to the active cell I called the function
in. Currently only get the message then the cell fills with 0. Any
ideas?

Function test(x)
MsgBox Application. _
VLookup(x, Workbooks("test_of_vlookup.xls"). _
Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("C10:E25"), 3, False)
End Function

I attached a workbook. If you click on Sheet1!D25 you can see the
MsgBox in action.

| Attachment filename: test_of_vlookup.xls |
|Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=349894|