Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jake Marx[_3_] Jake Marx[_3_] is offline

Default rename a variable

Hi Felix,

What is it that you are trying to do? Maybe we can come up with a different
solution. I've never encountered a situation where I had to rename a
variable.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

qwerqtzui wrote:
hi folks,

my problem is the following: i want to rename a variable with a name
that could be entered as a parameter to the subroutine, a la:

sub addvariables(var1, var2, NameOfVar3)
var3 = var1 + var2
rename var3 as NameOfVar3 'pseudo-code!!!
sub end

how can i "rename" var3 into "NameOfVar3". i need the new name for
further referencing.

thanx in advance,
felix

~~View and post usenet messages directly from
http://www.ExcelForum.com/