Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
chanteribby chanteribby is offline

Default Form lists influencing other lists

I'm using Excel 2000 with WinXP. I have a data sheet with several combo
boxes. This sheet is supposed to return information based on what the
user selects in a few combo boxes. The user can set the data in these
combo boxes based on items they have present. Each item has a quality
that I want displayed in another cell. I also want another list of
items to come up based on the first choice in another combo box.

Here is a simplified example of my sheet:

Combo Box 1 in cell A1 contains:
Roses
Daisies
Tulips

When the user selects Roses cell B1 displays the word: Red.
When the user selects Daisies cell B1 displays the word: Yellow.
When the user selects Tulips cell B1 displays the word: White.

When the user selects Roses the Combo Box in cell C1 has the following
choices:
Longstem
Miniture

When the user selects Daisies the Combo Box in cell C1 has the
following choices:
Wild
Loose

When the user selects Tulips the Combo Box in cell C1 has the following
choices:
Bouqette
Potted

Oh, and to add one more item to the fire, how can I get my Combo Boxes
to have a default view with no input? Thanks for any help you can
provide.