Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JON JON JON JON is offline

Default File Read-Only Status

Choose to any sample line of code

If ThisWorkbook.ReadOnly = False Then MsgBox "Read\write"
If ActiveWorkbook.ReadOnly = False Then MsgBox "Read\write"
If Workbooks("Book2.xls").ReadOnly = False Then sgBox "Read\write"

"Nigel" wrote in message
I have an application where a number of network connected users that might
want to open it. If the application is already in use, then as normal the
new user is told it is in use and they can open it as 'read-only'. This

is
OK but is there a way in VBA to detect that the file is open as read-only
which I can use to prevent changes and saving of this version of the file

?

TIA
Nigel

News==----