Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charles Williams Charles Williams is offline

Default USer Defined Function

To extend Chip's solution to the case where MyAddress is not on the same
sheet as the cell the function is called from it probably should be:

Findlastcell = MyAddress.Parent.Cells(MyAddress.Row,256).End(xlTo Left).Value

regds
Charles
______________________
Decision Models
The Excel Calculation Site
www.DecisionModels.com

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
Change
Findlastcell = Cells(MyAddress.Row, 256).End(xlToLeft).Value
Findlastcell = Application.Caller.Parent.Cells(MyAddress.Row,
256).End(xlToLeft).Value

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Excel Dummy" wrote in message

Dear All,

I have the following user defined function in a workbook (taken from a
reply to an earlier post I made)

Public Function Findlastcell(MyAddress As Range)

Application.Volatile
Findlastcell = Cells(MyAddress.Row, 256).End(xlToLeft).Value

End Function

It works perfectly well in lets say file1.xls until I open another file
(file2.xls).

The formula then takes the values from file2.xls. I can rectify this by
going back to file1.xls and then pressing F9.

How do I make the code above specific to file1.xls only.

Excel Dummy.

~~ Message posted from
http://www.ExcelTip.com/