Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] philipl@vistatec.ie is offline

Default selecting cells

"Harald Staff" wrote in message ...
Hi Philip

See if this is of help. It does contain Intersect cose, so you may not like it.

Sub TestSelect()
Dim C As Range, R As Range
On Error Resume Next
Set C = Application.InputBox _
("Click some column headers please:", Type:=8)
If C Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Set R = Intersect(C, ActiveSheet.UsedRange)
R.Select
MsgBox Selection.Address & " is pretty tonight."

HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please.

wrote in message
om...
hi

I have need to select two columns from a spreadsheet, I don't know how
long these columns are going to be until runtime. I would like to be
able to select this at run time so I can write out to a text file.

I am able to get the last value in one column by using range and
intersect. And the other one this way too, so with this I should be
able to work out the cordinates for my selection area.

this seems a liitle long winded, does anyone else out there have a
better way of doing this?

thx
-Philip

thx, that did it at the end!