Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul B[_6_] Paul B[_6_] is offline

Default Messagebox: Alert user Worksheet is Unprotected

Maria, you could also put some code to protect the sheet when the user
clicked on another sheet like this

Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate()
Sheets("Sheet1").Protect password:="123"

Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 97
"Maria" wrote in message
Thanks a lot Tom for your prompt reply. It worked perfectly.

I also tried putting the code in the Worksheet Deactivate part & it worked
as soon as the user went away from Sheet 1. Do you see any problems using

it
this way?

Thanks

Maria "Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Use the workbook_beforeClose event

if worksheets("Sheet1").ProtectContents = False then
msgbox "Protect sheet"
cancel = true
End if

Tom Ogilvy

Maria wrote in message
Hello;

I would appreciate help with this one:

I have a worksheet which is protected with a password. Some (select)

users
have access to the password and can modify it and are instructed that

after
modifying it, they should again protect it using the same password so

that
it cannot be changed by other users.

Sometimes users forget to re-protect the sheet. What code would be

required
to alert the user that the worksheet is unprotected & that he/she

should
password protect it. This code should get activated when the user

exits
from
the worksheet & goes to another without protecting it.

TIA
Maria