Peo Sjoblom

Try

=VLOOKUP(A1, Sheet2!A:B), 2, FALSE)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Dave S." wrote in message
Thanks, JE, but I must be doing something wrong. I have entered the
destination A1 sheet 2 and entered the mileage in B1 sheet 2. I then
enter
the destination in A1 sheet 1 and your formula in cell B1 sheet 1. The
result in B1 Sheet 1 is #N/A.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Say your destination and mileage were in Sheet2, columns A & B.

Then if you enter your destination in Sheet1, column A, you can retrieve
the mileage with

B2: =VLOOKUP(A2, Sheet1!A:B, 2, FALSE)

In article ,
"Dave S." wrote:

I am creating a mileage chart in which I would like to enter the
locations
driven to as text in one cell. In the adjacent cell I woul d like the
actual
miles of driving to automactically appear. I would then have the miles
totaled at the bottom of the miles column. I have all the possible
driving
destinations and the mileage of each one, but do not know how to have
the
mileage automatically entered in an adjacent cell. Thanks for any help
or
ideas. Dave