Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Can I create in VBA a class with instancing type different from 1 and 2?

Dmitry,

VBA supports only Private or PublicNotCreateable classes. Therefore, your
application cannot create objects based on classes in another project. You
can add a procedure to your add-in that will create and return a new
instance of the class. For example,

' in your add-in
Public Sub CreateClassObject() As Class1
Set CreateClassObject = New Class1
End Sub

' in your application
Dim C As AddInProject.Class1
Set C = AddInProject.CreateClassObject()

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Dmitry V. Petkun" wrote in message
1878026431
My application needs to use some classes that are declared in an Add-In.

Can
I create in my application the objects (instances) of these classes? VBA
allows to set instancing type for a class module to 1 (Private) or 2
(PublicNotCreateable). Can I use any other instancig model in VBA?

Thanks for answers
Dmitry Petkun